Good Morning, Happy Monday, and welcome to March (wow)!!
Living in the south there is something quite nostalgic of a large front porch with rocking chairs. I love the idea of a spring morning, a warm cup of coffee, and nothing to do but rock away! Its still a little chilly out, so lets bring the rockers in. I enjoy the relaxation that a rocking chair brings, and as with everything now, there is a great style variety out there. Here are a few that I think are wonderful….
1. Risom Rocker from DWR A great upholstered Rocker, with a classic modern danish feel. List is $1680
2. Modern White leather lounger from Modern Line Furniture. I love the simple shape and polished chrome accents. It has a great price at $495
3. Pesaro Rocker (available through L Kae Interiors). I think that this a great transitional rocker with a very chic feel. I love the old chestnut color leather (which would compliment almost any palette) and the unpolished steel tubes. Price is $1125 plus freight.
5. Antique Iron Framed Rocking Chair. I had to show it because I LOVE it. Axel Vervoordt is known for being one of the worlds most respected antique dealers and designer. This rocker was used in a 1940’s Flemish farmhouse. The simplicity of the white canvas and the iron frame works magically in the space. As far as a source, I found a few similar on 1stDibs.
6. Empire Rocker from Nursery Works. I don’t think that this rockers use should be minimized to only a nursery. I think the traditional shape is great and it is available in a variety of fabrics, just needs an accent pillow and it’s perfect! List is $1100.
7. Lillberg from IKEA. What more do you need to know than this rocker is $149!! Depending on your space you can dress it up in so many ways (paint the frame a unique color, add unique accent pillows, put some custom fabric over the cushions) if you feel you need to, but it looks great just as is too!
8. Eames Molded Rocker. Well I had to feature this classic. This molded polypropylene shell is complimented by chrome legs, and design just stands the test of time. You purchase through many resources, such as Room and Board, DWR, and modernseed.
9. Upholstered Rocker by Jason Lewis. The walnut frame is stunning and the rocker is available with or without arms. Chair is listed for $1850.
10. Antique (1945-1946) Ralph Rapson rocker. Last but not least a fun antique piece. This is a birch wood and canvas rocker, from Knoll Designer Ralph Rapson (who studied with Eero Saarinen). Pricey, but for a collector, a great find!